Come Join the Fun and Do-Si-Do at the barn at Faraway Farm in Yorktown on September 13th, 2014 starting at 7:00 pm!
Fun for all ages - NO PARTNER NECESSARY! - Wear your dancing sneakers 'cause this is a real Barn Dance!! Leave those high heels at home. Enjoy good food, drink, and ole time square dancin' with friends and fellow "greenies".
Our caller is Pat Cannon -- click here for a taste of her great dance calling! Make sure your sound is turned on.
Raise a little hell and a lot of money for your local Sierra Club and Yorktown Smart Growth! Your donation will help the Lower Hudson Group of the Sierra Club and Yorktown Smart Growth:
- Raise money to reach out to our communities and inform and educate them on local issues that threaten our air, water, and quality of life.
- Help pay for the science and engineering reports from experts in the environmental fields to ensure that these projects comply with environmental regulations like the Clean Water Act.
- Two local issues we are working on:
- The proposed Costco that threatens to increase stormwater runoff into the New Croton Reservoir and increase local air pollution and carbon emissions with 12 new fuel pumps and 10,000 more cars per day.
- The Algonquin Pipeline expansion that will bring fracked gas under Indian Point and threatens the health and safety of our communities.
| Please register as soon as possible, as tickets are going fast. If you can't make the fundraiser, please click on the Donation button (upper left) and help in whatever way you can! If you are uncomfortable buying tickets online--please send a check payable to "Sierra Club Lower Hudson Group" to Patty Peckham 1300 Baptist Church Rd Yorktown Heights NY 10598. We can take cash and tickets at the door (no credit cards) but please RSVP so that we have all the wine and food we need!! RSVP here or at email@example.com Thanks!!
|Faraway Farm is at 1307 Baptist Church Road, Yorktown Heights NY 10598. Come early and shop - Alpaca store is open at 6:30. Meet the baby alpacas! Get your Holiday shopping done early with unique and beautiful local alpaca products. A percentage of the proceeds from September 13th only will go to our fund drive, thanks to the generosity of Faraway Farm!